(as of August 13th, 2021)
According to these terms and conditions, a contract is concluded between the host of the event and the user. The host for virtual events is listed on the registration page. The sole contractual partner of the user is the host.
The offering of information and/or services on the platform are intended exclusively for persons of legal age.
1. By invitation, the host offers registered users the opportunity to participate in virtual (interactive) events on the meetyoo platform (e.g. virtual fairs or webcast). The time and duration of these events lie at the sole discretion of the host.
2. Any usage of content or services going beyond what is explicitly offered on the platform requires the previous approval of the Host.
4. The user recognizes that 100% availability of the platform is technically impossible. The host strives for availability that is as high as technically possible. However, maintenance-, security-, or capacity-related issues, events beyond the sphere of control of both the host and meetyoo (e.g. disruption in public telecommunication networks, power failure, etc.), as well as software and hardware defects in the infrastructure of the Host or the user, can lead to short failures in the availability of the platform or parts thereof.
The user is not entitled to the availability of the meetyoo platform for non-gratuitous contracts.
5. The host offers solely a virtual event. In case that users conclude any contract, the host is not involved in this contract, and thus not a partner in this contract. Users are fully responsible for any contracts they conclude on the platform. The host cannot be held liable for any breach of duty of a contract concluded on the platform.
1. The user has to register before using the platform. The user is only allowed to register if invited by the host. The registered user does not hold any claim for participating in the event. Especially, registered users that have not been invited can be excluded from participation.
2.The User warrants and represents that all information provided at the registration is accurate and complete. During the period of active participation in the virtual event, the user is obligated to announce any change in the information provided at registration to the host without undue delay. The User warrants and represents that he is of legal age at the moment of registration. Users can register only once.
3. By completing the registration process, the user submits an offer for a contract concerning the usage of the platform. The host accepts this offer by activating the user account for participating in the virtual event. Through this acceptance, both parties enter this contract.
4. At registration, the user has to enter a password. The user is obliged to treat this password confidentially. The host shall not disclose the password to any third party and the Host shall not ask for the user's password at any time.
§3 Right of Withdrawal
If you register here for a purpose that can be attributed neither to your commercial nor your self-employed professional activity, you are considered a consumer within the meaning of the law (§ 13 German Civil Code). Then the following provisions apply to you in the case of contracts for payment:
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the date of the conclusion of the contract.
In order to exercise your right of revocation, you must draft a statement (e.g. a letter, fax or e-mail sent by post) informing the organizer (see contact details in the imprint of the host) or meetyoo (Friedrichstrasse 200, 10117 Berlin, info [at] meetyooo.com, +49 30 868710-466) of your decision to revoke this contract. You may use the attached model revocation form for this purpose, but this is not mandatory.
In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to send the notification of the exercise of the right of revocation before the end of the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this Agreement, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (except for additional charges resulting from your choosing a different method of delivery from the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), immediately and no later than fourteen days from the date we receive notification of your revocation of this Agreement. For this refund, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this refund. If you have requested that the services should commence during the cancellation period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided by the time you inform us of the exercise of the right of cancellation in respect of this Agreement compared to the total amount of services provided under the Agreement.
End of the cancellation policy
Sample revocation form
§4 Users' Responsibilities
1. The user is required to provide accurate, complete, and not misleading information in the profile and any communication with other users. The user is not allowed to use pseudonyms or pen names.
2. When using the platform, the user has to comply with all applicable legislation and respect all third-party rights. In particular, the user is prohibited to
a) propagate offensive or defamatory content, no matter whether this content is directed at other users or natural or legal entities,
b) use any pornographic materials or any contents that violate any applicable legislation for the protection of minors; or advertise or promote, offer or distribute any pornographic product or products which do not comply with any applicable legislation for the protection of minors,
c) use or cultivate anticompetitive actions, including progressive canvassing (e.g. chain or pyramid schemes),
d) use without authorization any contents protected by law (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, utility patent, or design patent laws), or advertise, promote, offer or distribute any goods or services protected by law.
e) unreasonably annoy (particularly with spam) any other user (cf. §7 law against unfair competition UWG),
f) to conduct the following activities, even if they are not against any law: explicit or implicit sexual communication; usage of mechanisms, scripts, or software in combination with the platform, unless explicitly allowed; perform any actions which may impair the operability of meetyoo’s infrastructure, particularly actions which may overload said infrastructure; every action that is adequate to impair the functionalities of the platform in any other form.
a) deletion of user-generated content
b) limitation/blocking of access to the platform
§5 Changes of the Platform
The host reserves the right to modify the services offered on the platform and/or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the user's registration at any time, unless this is unreasonable for the user.
§6 Termination of the Contract, Reimbursement of paid Fees
1. The user and the host can terminate the contract at any time without giving reasons for doing so unless otherwise contractually agreed.
2. The termination notice shall include the user's registered name and the email address the user registered with.
3. The host can terminate the contract at any time upon for good cause. A good cause is defined as an event which makes it unacceptable for the host to continue the agreement to the end of the termination period, taking into account all circumstances of the individual case and weighing the interests of the host against the user's. A good cause includes any the following events:
a) If the user fails to comply with any applicable legal provisions;
c) if the reputation of the services offered on the platform is substantially impaired by the online presence of the user (if, for example, it is discovered after registration that the user has been convicted of a criminal offense, and if a said conviction is known to other users);
d) if the user promotes any communities or associations (or any of their methods or activities) which are under surveillance by authorities responsible for public safety or the protection of minors;
e) if the user causes harm to any other user(s)
§7 Responsibilities for Content and User Data
Whatever the legal grounds, liability for damage claims based only on ordinary negligence against the Host or meetyoo (including its vicarious agents) shall exist only if the Host or meetyoo breaches a basic/cardinal obligation under this agreement. A cardinal obligation is an obligation the user can expect to be met, and fulfillment is a prerequisite to the ordinary execution of the contract. In this event, the amount of claims are limited to typical and foreseeable damages. Limits shall not apply to the extent damages are in the event of intentional or grossly negligent breaches of obligation. Furthermore, limits shall not apply to the extent damages are covered by the Host's or meetyoo's business liability insurance, provided the insurance company has effected payment to the host or meetyoo. The host and meetyoo undertake to maintain the insurance coverage existing at the time this agreement is concluded. This shall not affect damages arising from injury to life, body, and health, and property damage claims based on the German Product Liability Act. Furthermore, the above liability exclusions and limitations shall not apply in the event of the assumption of express guarantees by the Host or its vicarious agents, or given the lack of promised features.
1. The user shall indemnify and exempt the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo from all actions, including damage claims, asserted by other users or third parties against the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo resulting from an infringement of their rights by the contents posted by the user on the platform. Furthermore, the user shall indemnify and exempt the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo from all actions, including damage claims, asserted by other users or third parties against the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo resulting from an infringement of their rights regarding the use of the services on the platform by the user. The user assumes all reasonable costs the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo incur due to an infringement of third party rights, including all reasonable legal defense costs. All other rights, including damage claims by the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo, are hereby unaffected. The user has the right to prove that the host, the exhibitor and meetyoo incurred lesser charges than claims made. The aforementioned obligations shall not apply to the extent the user is not responsible for the infringement.
§10 Data Protection
The host undertakes to comply with the statutory provisions - in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - when processing personal data. Further details on the processing of user data are regulated in the data protection regulations, which can be accessed from the platform.
§11 Final Provisions
4. The place of jurisdiction shall be Berlin, Germany.